- In “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure,” a tour guide at the Alamo asks “Can you say that with me? Adobe.” If you’re a Magento customer, then you should probably watch that movie because you’ll be saying “Adobe” a lot over the next few years. The mammoth company bought Magento for $1.68 billion putting its customers on their own big adventure.
“I’m a Loner, Dottie. A Rebel”
- When Magento first arrived on the scene, it was a loner and a rebel among the e-commerce community… you know, just like Pee Wee. Herman tirelessly sought his precious bike across the states winning over biker gangs, criminals and even a movie studio. When Magento burst on the scene, it won over businesses of all types from massive enterprise companies to small e-commerce businesses, but as years passed it lost much of its prowess to Oracle, Salesforce and Shopify.
“There’s No Basement at the Alamo!”
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure is an emotionally driven epic that transcends modern cinema and gives audiences moments of pure exhilaration and utter disappointment. Pee Wee is told that his bike is in the basement of the Alamo and the audience feels his pain when he learns…the Alamo has no basement. Our hero is lost and alone and no closer to success. Still, he is undaunted and the quest continues.
- Magento customers know exactly what it was like to experience utter disappointment when the upgrade Magento 2 premiered to bugs and issues. According to BuiltWith, of the 650,000 customers they had only 60,000 switched. Yikes! Undaunted and believing in it’s worth, Adobe swept in and bought the company to help fill a void in their own multichannel campaign management system…the quest continues.
“Is This Something You’d Like to Share with the Rest of Us, Amazing Larry?”
- What does the Adobe buyout mean for existing Magento customers? Right now, the future is uncertain, but many worry they’ll be forced to use the Adobe Experience Cloud and Adobe will do away with the Magento Commerce Cloud.
- Adobe is no stranger to acquisitions and combining the assets of those acquisitions to their cadre of services, but also throwing away those that they don’t feel have any real value. This puts existing customers in a holding pattern as they see what direction Adobe plans to go.
- Unlike Pee Wee, who would settle for nothing except his beloved bike, you have a choice. If you’re an existing Magento customer and worry about the future, you can switch to a new platform that has a solid base and a secured future like Yahoo Small Business. Since the purchase by Verizon, they have made countless improvements to the platform and its already significant customer base is growing.
- If you’re interested in learning more about different platforms or would like to discuss how Yahoo Small Business can help you, then feel free to contact us at All Web… “Be sure and tell ’em Large Marge sent ya!”