AdWords Automation Means Better Results For Your Account
I learned quite a few things during my last visit to the Google offices in Chicago. And I don’t just mean the food is still great, the drinks are cold and the new hotel across the street is fancy! Although, all of these things are very true.
In short, the most important things I learned are that Google is making strides to make things easier for us, as agencies and Google Premier Partners. And they are making things better for you, the businesses who are using their services.
Building Qualified Leads
First things first, what is Google doing to help you? Have you ever thought about how beneficial it is that your customers are seeing your ads when they are most likely to make a purchase? It’s a pretty fabulous concept already. But now, through machine learning and audience metrics, Google has become even more sophisticated on this front. In the long run, it means more qualified leads and potentially, a higher conversion rate.
Through remarketing and audience lists, you will have the ability to target the perfect customer at the perfect time based on their current and previous shopping and life events. That’s right, the life events of your customers are going to be “target-able” soon. Previously, we were able to upload audience lists, based on their email addresses. Google realized that it was pretty limiting and they have now added to it. You are now able to import lists for your customers using their email addresses, phone numbers and home address; which is essentially tripling your potential customer reach.
While this increases your ability to remarket to your shoppers, they have also increased the ability to reach them through the ads themselves. Using the “IF Function” on your Google Ads, you can now write ONE ad for all of your customers, and automate that ad to offer a discount to those on your audience lists. In other words, offer 10% off to your customers AND 25% off to those who are returning to your website for a second time in the last 30 days.
Speaking of automation that brings us to how Google is making things easier for us, the agencies. Through machine learning, Google is increasing the way we are able to automate your Google Adwords accounts, while additionally increasing their performance. Now it’s true, we are already pretty good at managing your accounts (#notsohumblebrag). With automation we will have the ability to refine and perfect your accounts on a whole other level while creating space for new strategy development.
We always seem to go back to Google’s “algorithm” we know very little about. We do know their formula tends to work pretty well. But they are still working on improving it to work even better. Hence the audience metrics we were talking about before. Automation works hand in hand with that especially.
For some time, we have been using bid types like Enhanced Cost Per Click. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It is a great option for clients with lower budgets because there are not as many minimum or budget requirements.
For clients with a higher budget and flexibility or those with a greater amount of conversions on a monthly basis, Google has Smart Bidding. This gives us the opportunity to choose an account-wide bidding goal, which essentially puts the ball further into Google’s hands. Through this type of automated bidding, they will work to achieve the goal you have defined. The options here are:
- Maximize ClicksJust what it says, this is for clients that want to get people to their page. Smart bidding will set your bids to ensure you can receive as many clicks as possible within your budget.
- Target Search PageThis is meant to increase your visibility to potential customers. Smart Bidding will manage the bids to increase your probability of showing up on the top of the page or first page of search results
- Target Outranking ShareSimilar to Target Search Page, this allows you to pick another domain (presumably a competitor’s) to outrank them in the search results.
- Target CPASmart bidding will work here to get as many conversions as possible within your target cost per acquisition.
- Maximize ConversionsAnother easy one to understand, it will spend your budget completely to encourage as many conversions as possible.
- Target ROASThis is ideal for customers who have different conversion values. It will take your target ROAS and set the bids to get to that based on conversion values.
We would be thrilled to help you apply any of these automated options, or audience metrics and remarketing to your account. Feel free to reach out to us at any time!